importing serial numbers into project database

Forum Forums SI5 General importing serial numbers into project database

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Seth Enos 4 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Kurt
    Participant

Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone has been able to import serial numbers for items from a csv?

We would like to store SN information for our jobs and we can get this info from our scanner is a csv format with custom additional fields(to store d-tools unique id so d-tools knows which SN is for which product). However i am a bit lost as to how to import it into d-tools si5 without accessing the database directly.

Cheers,
    Kurt

Seth Enos

SI5 does not have the ability to import data into Projects…but you can do this in SIX.

Kurt
    Participant

Do you have a link to a tutorial or more info on this? I did run a demo of SIX however it seemed that the import function was rather limited, we were mainly looking at it to tie in with outlook better however there was no correlation between edits to tasks in outlook back into SIX so we dropped it, perhaps I was already a little turned off. :)

Seth Enos

Ahhh, there is not import/export available for Tasks. You can only export/import directly in the Project itself. Click here for info.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.