How do I flag a cable to another drawing

Forum Forums Visio Tools / Interface How do I flag a cable to another drawing

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kevin Frye 2 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Darnell Shamwell
    Participant

Is it possible to create a flag from a cable or connection point of a component on one schematic drawing and have link to a component or cable on a different schematic drawing in case I have run out of room on the drawing and need to conitinue on a new page?

Christian Brøndbo
    Participant

As long as the two drawings are in the same project you can connect one end of the cable on one drawing and the other end on the other drawing and it will come out right in the reports and labels. I usually just add a rectangle at the open end of the cable on each drawing with data on where it is connected (Drawing no, component ID, terminal, signal, label).

The downside of this is that it will not autoupdate if you change the connection on either end.

Kevin Frye

Can you please expand on your final comment about not autoupdating if you change the connection on either end? What doesn’t autoupdate and is this different than the behavior if you just connected each end of the wire on the same sheet?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.