Hiding item pricing

Forum Forums SI5 General Hiding item pricing

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  JK DEMARCO 5 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

JK DEMARCO
    Participant

I only want the proposal to have the “Project Summary” price for “Equipment” & “Labor” & “Grand Total”

Having the Individual Item Price Show up is just creating the “Lets look on the internet for what we can get it for” result from the client.

Daniel P. Diehm
    Participant

Have you played with the report designer yet? I think there are several ways to do what you ask.

You can go edit your existing report (save it as something else so you don’t overwrite your original report), and delete the box that shows the individual price. Or you can go to the report and change the COLOR of the price to “white”. That way (if you print on white paper) the prices don’t show.

Hope this helped

JK DEMARCO
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll try that.

Daniel P. Diehm
    Participant

No problem – let me know how it works out.

JK DEMARCO
    Participant

Set it to white and it works perfectly.

One more question.

How can I combine the Installation price with the material price?

That way there is only one price for a customer to see, which means no complaints of “oh look how much you’re charging me to install it”

Thanks J

Daniel P. Diehm
    Participant

go back into the report, and click on the item price. Look over to the lower right box on the screen (with the heading that says “properties”. Go to the section in properties that says DataField. In yours it is probably set to dtr:Price. Change it to dtr:InstallationPrice_Tax

See if that works. But remember, if you still have it set to the color “white” you won’t see the line items on your proposal.

Are you new to DTools 5.5? If so you should give yourself some time to play around with the reports. There is tons of cool things you can do. Just make sure you don’t overwrite your original report.

JK DEMARCO
    Participant

I’ve been playing with the report designer a little, I’m just hesitant to screw it up and not be able to fix it.

I might have not put it correctly before. I want to have Equipment and Labor Combined In “Project Summary” on the last page.

Thanks J

Daniel P. Diehm
    Participant
    Quote:
    I’ve been playing with the report designer a little, I’m just hesitant to screw it up and not be able to fix it.

When you first go in to report designer, select: “file”, then “new”, then select “New Report Based on Existing Report” then click “next”. Select the report you want to work with and click “next”. Where it says Report Name type in what you want to call your new report, i.e. Proposal Totals with installation and tax. Now you can modify away and not worry about screwing up the original.

I’ve done the above scenario a bunch of times. Once I get it close to what I want I’ll name it 1. Proposal Totals with installation and tax (for example) and save it. Then I’ll run the report and see if it is just what I want. If it needs further refining you can either modify it or create a new one based on the one you just created (call it 2. Proposal Totals with installation and tax). Once you have it exactly the way you want just delete all of your various revisions. Make sure you don’t delete the original report everything is based on and your latest revision and you should be good to go.

Quote:
    I might have not put it correctly before. I want to have Equipment and Labor Combined In “Project Summary” on the last page.

Go to that report in report designer and change the data fields for dtr:Price to dtr:InstallationPrice_Tax. Then delete the field for Sales Tax. That should fix your problem.

JK DEMARCO
    Participant

Got it figured out, not exactly the way I had wanted but still, it will work. Thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.