August 3, 2015 at 9:04 pm #6759
I want to create my own custom blocks that represent certain items from the catalog. I want to assign certain product attributes to each of these blocks and choose whether to display them or not, much like most other blocks. I found an article for an older version of SI5 I think which sort of touches on it but I have tried and does not work. Is it simply a case of knowing the correct attribute names for the product variables, locations, system etc. An if so does someone know where I can find such a list?
ThanksAugust 3, 2015 at 10:44 pm #8977
The following Attribute (tagname) list can be show (attribute value) on an AutoCAD D-Tools block.
These attributes on a block are populated if the attributes exist.
• Type (Subcategory of project item)
• CategoryId (abbreviation of project item category)
• SKU or PartNumber
• CustomProperty1 or CustomField1
• CustomProperty2 or CustomField2
• CustomProperty3 or CustomField3
• CustomProperty4 or CustomField4
• CustomProperty5 or CustomField5
• CustomProperty6 or CustomField6
• CustomProperty7 or CustomField7
• CustomProperty8 or CustomField8
• CustomProperty9 or CustomField9
• CustomProperty10 or CustomField10
• CustomProperty11 or CustomField11
• CustomProperty12 or CustomField12
• CustomProperty13 or CustomField13
• CustomProperty14 or CustomField14
For dynamic blocks these parameters are populated
A block will scale H,W,D based on the measurement unit of the page if
• Has an attribute “DTBlockName” with value “DTscaleBlock” the block
• Has either of the 3 dynamic parameters – BlockHeight, BlockWidth, BlockDepthAugust 4, 2015 at 11:35 am #8978
Thank you for that!
One more question, how do I go about getting these assigned to a product or make it available as part of the blocks available to the Project Editor?August 4, 2015 at 1:25 pm #8979
When editing your block, click the [Attribute Definition] button and then fill in the Tag field with the attribute you wish to add:
Then place the text where you want it and repeat for any additional attributes you wish to add.August 4, 2015 at 5:22 pm #8980
If you need help to audit your block and ensure it works. Please let me know I can help you with it.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.