January 17, 2017 at 3:14 pm #12343
Can anyone help me with a short instruction on how to add the company logo to the Dtools autocad templates?
January 19, 2017 at 9:28 pm #12349
- This topic was modified 3 months ago by Vic.
Follow the next steps to swap your Company Logo. It is recommended to have your Company Logo in .dwg format.
1) Browse for the following location: C:\ProgramData\D-Tools\SIX\Templates and open (in this case) the Elevation.dwg file.
2) Once AutoCAD is open, go to the insert tab and select the Block Editor tool.
3) From the dialog box select the block Logo (D-Tools Logo) and then press OK.
4) From the main menu go to the View tab and under the Palettes group select DesignCenter icon or use the Ctrl 2 keys to show and hide the DesignCenter window.
5) Now in the DesignCenter search for your company Logo.dwg file and select BLOCKS.
6) Then from the right side of the DesignCenter, drag and drop your company logo into the Block Editor where the D-Tools Logo is located.
Note: Make sure your logo is about the same size as the D-Tools default Logo and center it next to the D-Tools Logo.
7) The Swap – Then erase the D-Tools Logo and move your company logo were the D-Tools Logo used to be. If a frame exists around your company logo remove it.
8) Now Save your company logo and close the Block editor. Switch to any of the Paper space tabs and now you can see your Company Logo.
9) Then Save the Elevation.dwg file and Close it.
Repeat all the steps above on each SI Template: Elevation.dwg, Line.dwg, Plan.dwg and Schematic.dwg
I hope this helps.May 17, 2017 at 9:53 am #12812
I have tried to follow the above instructions and I am getting a warning saying the file is protected and in read only mode. I am a domain admin as well as a local admin for my machine so permissions shouldn’t be the issue. How can I unlock the template files for editing?May 17, 2017 at 10:06 am #12813
Did you try to right click on the template file>properties and check if it is set as “Read-only”. If “Read-only” is not checked, you can email your template to me and I’ll take a look at it.
May 17, 2017 at 10:09 am #12815
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Vic.
I did in fact as that is how I lock down form templates for excel. It is indeed unchecked and seems to be unlocked from what I can tell.May 17, 2017 at 10:11 am #12816
if you would like to send your template, please sent it to:
vicMay 17, 2017 at 10:23 am #12817
I was able to solve it. I had to go into the advanced section and edit the user for full control. For some reason read and execute were selected in the edit window even though on the main window it says full control. Just seems odd they are different. Seems to allow editing now. May be a function of acad2018?May 17, 2017 at 10:25 am #12818
Ah I see now that the entire templates folder is set to read-only in the folder properties. Not the file properties.May 17, 2017 at 10:31 am #12819
if you need any further assistance or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.